Decolonizing research – an invitation to learn and unlearn from different entry points
Online Workshop Series 2023
Organisers: Kenza Benabderrazik and Johanna Jacobi (ETH Zürich)
Eva Goldmann, Akanksha Singh, Fernando Sousa (Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FIBL)
Using graphical tools we explore different entry points to possible radical shifts as well as gradual changes towards decolonial research project designs. We will invite workshop participants to share their experiences in a safe space, collect criteria and critically reflect on the structures, institutions, and current dynamics that need to be reshaped in order to deconstruct and dismantle coloniality in research projects.
We want to offer a space where concrete examples, big underlying assumptions, and questions that shape our understanding and behavior can be discussed. The participants will split into the breakout rooms of their choice. After a brief period of questions and discussion, participants will be invited to explore questions from their own experience and understanding. We want to start from each participant’s situated knowledge, offering some literature, concepts and examples.
The workshop will be articulated around guiding questions and concepts to activate the dialogues and explore the topics together. Building on these different perspectives and entry points we aim to draw a multi-faceted picture of ideas on how to engage in decolonial approaches.
If you want to attend, please register for this workshop
Online Workshop Series: Decolonizing Swiss Research Collaborations
- Reflective steps to unbundle decolonization - answering difficult questions
- Students in “the field”: Decolonizing applied research collaborations. Discussion of experiences and practices
- South-North and South-South Collaborations in Medical Genomics Research in Africa
- Our Common Challenge: Moving Beyond Inaction and Irrelevance
- Decolonising Language & Word Choice: The Case for Linguistic Equity
- Open Science as a Means to Decolonize Scientific Publishing and Foster Fairer Research Collaborations
- An interdisciplinary dialogue on ethical considerations and the role of HIC research partnerships in strengthening capacity and stimulating South-South research
- Decolonizing research – an invitation to learn and unlearn from different entry points
- Decolonizing research: from knowledge transfer to knowledge(s) in dialogue
- The Importance of Allyship and Empowerment in the Decolonization of Research Partnerships – A Workshop
- African-European School Dialogue
- Creating and evaluating equitable research partnerships: from inception to impact
- Decolonizing Graduate Careers